What you’ll do:
• Enforcement of ITIL conformant processes to ensure both effective and efficient utilization of assigned resource and interactive interface with all operation support providers.
• Proactive management of the Service Desk Team, taking an influential lead in managing change and the implementation/development of an end-to-end ‘total’ Ticket Management process.
Continually re-develop Service Desk processes according to ITIL best practices.
• Adhere to and maintain formal procedures for consistency and increased productivity.
• Implement methodologies to improve first time resolution, manage customer perceptions, and build strong internal relationships.
• Working within the existing technology, identify ongoing training and other resources to maximize Service Desk Team effectiveness.
• Build a qualified Service Desk team through innovative hiring and training techniques.
• Implement effective staffing and scheduling models for guaranteed coverage at the lowest possible costs.
• Develop a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction.
• Analyse Service Desk performance through various statistical and reporting methods.
• Market the image of the Service Desk Team as a support group ‘showcase’ that advances the IT vision and strategy.
• Effectively manage all day-to-day Service Desk team activities and escalations.
• To work closely with Client Management Team and assist in ongoing review and improvements within performance parameters, for all services provided by the Service Desk.
• Effective management of all tickets logged within the Service Desk.
• Management of 3rd party Vendors and key client business partner relationships, ensuring contracted services are consistently achieved and improved.
• Provide an effective communication point and reference on all business impacting problems or significant disruptive issues, to ensure succinct and timely resolution whilst protecting the Company and the Client business.
• To ensure ‘client validated’ adherence to the SLA and associated Performance measurements and indicators.
•Keep the Change Management Database up to date and manage the configuration and change management processes.
• Develop processes and procedures
• Periodic performance reports related to the Service Desk and resources.
• To represent the clients interests within the Company internally.
• Chair and/or actively participate in scheduled or reactive meetings, presentations at all levels of management.
• Overall responsibility for the management and development of the Service Desk personnel and achievement of team objectives.
• Responsible for recruitment, soft skills coaching, training and retention of the department.
• Active Quality management (both tickets and voice)
• To manage and be responsible for all related policies and processes
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• ITIL Service Desk experience
• Positive and adaptable attitude
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in working within an ITIL conformant Service Desk
• Good personal presentation.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and verbal.
• Ability to perform well under pressure.
• Wants to ensure delighted customers, above and beyond the call of duty.
• Has intimate knowledge of implementing a Service Desk.
• Works accurately and with eye for detail.
• Handles in the best interest of both customer and company.
• Is willing to build a long-term relationship with the customer (not a "job-hopper").
• Ability to facilitate multi-departmental functions, to achieve necessary success.
• Ability to compile and analyse data.
• Willingness to be a member of a dedicated team showing eagerness to drive forward.
• Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in working within a Service Desk Environment.
• Senior Certificate
• Degree or Diploma in IT or similar is preferred
• ITIL V3 or V4 Certification
• Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience in a Technical Service Desk environment
• Minimum of 2-years’ experience in a Team Leader position
• Has worked in the IT outsourcing environment before with proven leadership skills
• Experience in Service Desk methodologies & ITMS tools
Shift work is compulsory as well as standby duties when required