Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
The Laboratory Technologist will work as part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team in AHRI focusing on TB and HIV research. The candidate will be based at the AHRI Durban Laboratories and report to the Diagnostic Laboratory Manager.
Biotechnology,Chemistry, Physics and Biology,Clinical,Laboratory Work,Other Research Development, Science and Scientific Research
Ngo / Non-Profit,Research
The incumbent will be required to perform various laboratory based duties and functions including receiving and processing of various biological specimens, perform various diagnostic tests (such as ELISA, microscopy, nucleic acid extraction, PCR, HIV viral load, sequencing etc.), as well as assist with the preparation of sample collection kits, storage and retrieval of samples. The incumbent will be required to work in accordance with health and safety and company policies and procedures as well as ISO15189 / GCLP requirements.
1. Minimum B Tech Hon in Medical Technology Microbiology, Virology or another related and relevant field.
2. HPCSA Registration in either Clinical Pathology, Virology or Microbiology
1. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a diagnostic or research laboratory setting.
2. Experience working in a high throughput ISO15189 accredited and /or Clinical Trial laboratory will be highly advantageous.
3. Experience working with a Laboratory Information Management System will be Advantageous.
4. Experience in processing and storage of various biological samples.
5. Experience in performing various laboratory tests such as but not limited to serology.
6. Microscopy, nucleic acid extraction, amplification and quantification by various PCR methods and sequencing
7. Experience and knowledge operating in accordance with Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) or similar environment, will be an advantage
8. Ability to write and review SOPs.
Job Closing Date